What do I need to do to run a successful quiz or survey at an event?
First of all, do check whether you will have a qualitative network connection. If you’re not sure, no worries, use our application in offline mode.
The offline survey tool is perfect when conducting a survey at an event, in restaurants and shops, or if you want to conduct street interviews or surveys. Our offline survey tool offers all the convenience of an online survey, but it works when your internet connection is unstable or even if there's no WIFI connection at all.
In just a few clicks, our offline survey tool will help you to:
- Come up with an entertaining format, that you can style with tons of design templates.
- Create engaging surveys that, in return, get higher response rates.
- Share questionnaires that are accessible online and offline. (Collect responses at the moment, sync your data later!)
As your device will be running stand-alone make sure to use the following features:
- Automatic return to the beginning within 10 seconds. You'll find this feature in the Questions tab when you scroll down to the Final screen. Toggle to activate auto redirect after 10 sec. Now the questionnaire will auto-redirect to the first screen (e.g.: Intro Screen, Language Selection Screen, first question, ...) after 10 seconds on the Final Screen.
- Our “Idle Timeout” function will automatically bring the application back to the beginning even when a respondent decides to leave the application in the middle. The time you set is the time the application remains untouched before returning to the intro screen. You can choose whether or not you want to keep the data of an incomplete questionnaire by toggling the button to save data before the questionnaire restarts.
- Put your device in kiosk mode to make sure that your respondents can’t play around with other applications. Most devices provide a kiosk mode. If you’ve never done this before and as this is a functionality specific for each device, we suggest you enter the word “kiosk” and the type of device you’re using in your search engine to find out how to implement it. For small business owners, an iPad can be a great cost-effective solution to take advantage of kiosk devices. Read our how-to guide to learn how to set up the iPad and put it into kiosk mode.
You might also be interested in using these features at your event:
VotingYou can use Survey Anyplace for voting sessions. Simply invite your respondents for your voting session by sending them an email or a text message, or ask them to enter the link when you present it on a presentation screen. Let the respondents enter their vote. Present the results on the presentation screen in real-time and use our application in presentation mode to include your logo. Use our automatic refresh feature to update incoming results.
Do you want to organize several voting sessions and eventually survey the participants of your event? You can do this with one app: use our Campaign and Respondent Portal (these are extra features on top of our Enterprise Plan) features. More info about Campaigns.
LeaderboardWhen you take a quiz or test, it’s always fun to compare your results with others. This way you can see how well you’ve really done. Use our leaderboard feature to show everyone's results. A leaderboard is a screen that you can choose to display at the beginning or end of the quiz or test showing everyone's scores.
This is an example of a leaderboard: