Adding Passwords allows you to control who can see and complete your survey, if you do not want your questionnaire to be viewed by just anyone, or if it contains sensitive information. You can choose between adding single or multiple passwords.
This guide will teach you:
- Adding a single password
- Adding multiple passwords
- UID multiple password example
- PID multiple password example
1. Adding a single password
At the Share tab, toggle the button Add a single password to your questionnaire, to protect your questionnaire with a single secret code. A box will appear where you can type your chosen password. Don't forget to send it out to respondents so they know what they need to enter!
2.2 Let the respondents choose a custom one-time password
After you toggle the button, choose the Multiple passwords list type to be Let the respondents choose a custom one-time password.
This allows your respondents to choose their own unique identification code.
3. UID multiple password example
Use the Unique ID of your contacts as an identification code and share your survey with an email invitation.
The Unique ID is generated automatically once you create a contact. You can find the UID at your Contacts tab, next to your contacts' email and Personal ID.
Next, you need to export the list of contacts and set the UIDs as the available passwords, as described at section 2.1. To export the contact list, click on the circled icon you see at the image below.
Then you can share the passwords by adding *|contact_unique_id|* to your email invitation.
4. PID multiple password example
Use the Personal ID of your contacts as a secret phrase and share your survey with an email invitation. The Personal ID is not automatically created but you have to enter that value yourself. You could use each employee ID number for example as a Personal ID and identification code, or a company name. To enter the PID, go to your Contacts tab and click on Edit button.
Write the Personal ID at the new window and save.
- Limit your responses of your questionnaire - This feature will control the number of the respondents that are taking your survey. You can Limit your responses per device and per contact, by placing a cookie on the respondent's browser or by using the UID of each respondent.
- Share Your Questionnaire: Share your surveys, quizzes, and assessments by using a questionnaire link, QR Code, email invitations or by embedding it to your website. Start sharing your questionnaire to increase the response rate and collect more data.
- Require Contact: This is a feature that allows you to control who can access your survey and makes the questionnaire only accessible to contacts. If validation fails, the participant is not able to fill in the survey but a configurable message will be displayed instead.