Ranking question type provides the respondents with a list, made by you, which they can rank according to their liking or knowledge.
Want to know what aspects of your product the respondents like best? List them and let your respondents rank the items themselves. Ranking can also be used as a quiz question. Ask your participants to rank the presidents of the United States, the top athletes of the Olympic Games, etc.
Here's an example:
This guide will teach you:
- Add a ranking question
- Change the general settings
- Edit the question
- Add the ranking answer options
- Make your question a quiz question
1. Add a Ranking question
In the Questions tab, click the button ? Questions. Select Ranking from the list of question types and Click +.
2. Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Lock/unlock the question to be edited by other team members.
- Copy, Delete or Preview that particular question.
3. Edit the question
- Add your question here. Use the rich text editor icons to change the text to bold, italics, or use your company's colors and change the font size.
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Question layout lets you choose a layout for your ranking question. Choose Click to let your respondents answer by clicking on the answers, or chose Drag to let your respondents drag the answers on the screen.
- Make the question mandatory - turn this feature on to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
- Turn this question into a quiz question - turn this feature on and you'll be able to explain the correct answers to respondents and show them which answers they got right.
- Add a score to each ranking question - turn this feature on to give a score to each ranking position.
- Add a question tag - turn this feature to add a tag to your question that you can reference in your survey or PDF.
4. Add the Ranking answer options
Now let's get down to creating your ranking. Add your answer options here, being careful to list them in the correct order if you'll be using this as a quiz question.
- Type your first answer here. Add a new answer by clicking Add answer.
- Add a 'not applicable'-answer - toggle this button and an answer option Not applicable will be automatically shown at the bottom of the answer options.
- Shuffle answers every time the survey is opened - Toggle this button to shuffle the answers to that specific question every time the survey is opened. This is a great option when you're creating a quiz and you don't want respondents sharing their answers with others.
- Add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment - When this feature is switched on, you'll be able to add your own text to ask respondents to give more information.
- Add button to upload an extra image file - This feature allows the respondents to upload their own image files. You can use this feature to make the survey more engaging.
5. Make your question a Quiz Question
When your question is a quiz question, you'll need to add your answers in the correct order. Make sure you've toggled the Shuffle button to shuffle the answers each time the survey is opened.
First, turn the quiz question feature on:
- Toggle this button to give a score for each answer. Now the respondent will only get a score if all answers are ordered correctly. If this is turned off, respondents will receive 1 point for every answer that they put in the correct place.
- When you have enabled the score feature, you can now input any number you want to be given as the score when answers are correct and when they are wrong.
- Add here a Question explanation which will be shown at the end of the quiz when respondents are given the option to View correct answers.