This feature is included in all plans.
The question type Ranking provides the respondent with a list, made by you, which they can rank according to their liking or knowledge. Want to know what aspects of your product the respondents likes best? List them and let your respondents rank the items themselves. Ranking can also be used as a quiz question. Ask your participants to rank the presidents of the United States, the top athletes of the Olympic Games, etc.
Read this Ranking definition to give you some more ideas about when to use this question type.
Here's an example of a ranking question:
1 Add a Ranking question to your questionnaire
In the Questions tab, click the button +Add question.
Select Ranking from the list of question types. Click Add question.
2 Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Copy, Delete or Preview that particular question.
3 Edit the question
- Add your question here. Want to make your text bold, italics or a fun color? Click here to learn all about the rich text editor icons!
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The image or video will be displayed above your question. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - turn this feature on to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
- Turn this question into a quiz question - turn this feature on and you'll be able to explain the correct answers to respondents and show them which answers they got right. Learn all about this feature further on.
4 Add the Ranking answer options
Now let's get down to creating your ranking. Add your answer options here, being careful to list them in the correct order if you'll be using this as a quiz question.
- Type your first answer here.
- Add a new answer by clicking Add answer.
- Shuffle answers every time the survey is opened - Toggle this button to shuffle the answers to that specific question every time the survey is opened. This is a great option when you're creating a quiz and you don't want respondents sharing their answers with others.
- Add a 'not applicable'-answer - toggle this button and an answer option Not applicable will be automatically shown at the bottom of the answer options.
- Add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment - When this feature is switched on, you'll be able to add your own text to ask respondents to give more information.
5 Make your question a Quiz Question
When your question is a quiz question, you'll need to add your answers in the correct order. Make sure you've toggled the Shuffle button to shuffle the answers each time the survey is opened.
On the left side of the screen where you have the question options, the following options will be displayed when you turn the quiz question feature on:
- Toggle this button to give a score for each answer. Now the respondent will only get a score if all answers are ordered correctly. If this is turned off, respondents will receive 1 point for every answer that they put in the correct place.
- When you have enabled the score feature, you can now input any number you want to be given as the score when answers are correct and when they are wrong.
- Add here a Question explanation which will be shown at the end of the quiz when respondents are given the option to View correct answers.
This is how the question shows to the respondents in View Correct Answers. The numbers indicate the order and the colors indicate which answers the respondent got right. The explanation at the bottom will show up if you've written text in the Question explanation.
So let's get started! Log in and create your ranked question.