This feature is included in all paying plans.
A Slot Machine question is used to give away incentives in an entertaining way or just as a fun break in a long survey to lower the drop rate.
The drop-out rate is the percentage of respondents who do not complete a survey. They may lose interest, the survey may be too long or poorly designed. Check out loads of ideas and tips to reduce your drop-out rate.
A sure way to make your survey more exciting is with a slot machine like this to break up the monotony:
Looking to create a survey with a slot machine or one of our other 15+ question types?
Get started for free
Can't wait to add one of these into your questionnaire? Log in and let's get going!
1 Add a Slot Machine to your questionnaire
In the Questions tab, click the button +Add question.
Scroll down to the widgets and select Slot Machine. Click Add question.
2 Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Copy, Delete or Preview that particular question.
3 Edit the message
- Write your message here. Want to make your text bold, italics or a fun color? Click here about the rich text editor icons.
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The image or video will be displayed above your question. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - turn this on to require respondent to play the slot machine before moving to the next question.
4 Change the winning and playing settings
If you don't want to give away too many prizes, here's where you can adjust the probability of winning.
- Probability to win - Enter the probability a respondent has of winning the slot machine.
- Limit number of times the respondent can play - Toggle this button to the right to add a limit. Then determine how many times a respondent gets to try and play.
Tip: You can change the slot machine Play label and Win and Lost messages by heading over to Labels and messages in Extra Options.
That's all, you're good to go! You know your respondents will love it... add it today!