WYSIWYG Rich Text Editor Icons
Use the rich text editor icons to liven up your question text, make it bold, choose your color and insert a link and much more!
So let's start deciphering all the icons!
- These three buttons are the standard buttons to make the text you selected bold or italic and to underline that part of the text.
- These three buttons are to specify your layout and color. The first button indicates the size of the text. The second button lets you choose a color for your text and background color (the color behind the text). The third button lets you change the alignment of the text (left, right, centered or justified).
- Present your question text as an ordered list or unordered list. The first icon will automatically number each new line, and you can then click the arrow that appears next to the icon to change the numbers to upper case or lower case alphabet. The second icon will place a bullet point at the beginning of each line. Click on the arrow that appears next to the icon to change the type of point.
- Use the first button to add a link to the selected part of the text. The second button allows you to insert a YouTube or Vimeo video to your text. Note: Videos inserted will not work in offline mode. The smiley button gives you a range of emoticons you can choose to add.
- Variables - When you click this button, you'll see a drop-down list of variables that you can choose to include, such as previous answers, respondent data, text from other questions or scores. Use variables to personalize the question for respondents to make your questionnaire more engaging. For example, you could add the respondent's first name - you'll find this field towards the bottom of the drop-down list. Learn more about using piping variables in questions.
- The first button, the eraser, is used to erase the former layout of a text. You use this when you have copied your text from another document. The second button is used to work in the HTML code of the text.
So now you understand all the symbols, there's no excuse for boring plain text!