Add Social media icons to the final screen of your survey to enable your respondents to like or share your questionnaire, your Facebook page or website. You can add icons for the most popular social media platforms, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Social Media share option is an easy way to boost your social media marketing strategy and increase your brand awareness, as you engage your respondents and attract more by enabling them to share your questionnaire.
This guide will teach you:
1. Facebook options
1.3 Share URL button
Within your survey, click the Extra options tab.
Scroll down to the Social media options.
Now you'll see options for Facebook and AddThis. Let's look at each one individually.
Toggle the Add Facebook button and you can then choose which buttons you would like to have.
1.1 Like questionnaire button
A Like button will appear at the end of your questionnaire. By clicking this button the respondent likes your questionnaire on Facebook.
This is how it looks on Facebook:
1.2 Share questionnaire button
A share button will appear at the end of your questionnaire. By clicking this button the respondent shares your questionnaire on Facebook. The questionnaire title and Intro text will be included in the Facebook feed.
When you click the share button you can add a comment to the link you are going to share.
The Facebook post that will be displayed at the newsfeed will look like this:
1.3 Share URL button
A share button will appear at the end of your questionnaire. By clicking this button the respondent shares the URL you’ve included here on Facebook.
Once you've selected the Share URL button, you can type in your own URL, title and even upload an image!
Here's how your survey could look with a Share URL button at the end:
When you click the Share button you can add a comment to the link you are going to share.
In your activity log on Facebook it will look like this:
In your newsfeed the post will look like this:
2. AddThis options
AddThis adds buttons to your final screen to share your questionnaire via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Email. The URL, Intro Text, and Logo will be shared.
Toggle the button to add the AddThis button to your final screen. You can then check the boxes of the buttons you want to add.
Facebook will only be enabled when the main Facebook settings are disabled.
- Twitter - Only the URL and the first 140 characters of the Intro Text will be shared on Twitter.
- LinkedIn - Check this box to allow the respondent to share your questionnaire on LinkedIn.
- Email - Check this box to enable the respondent to share your questionnaire via Email.
If you've checked all the boxes, this is what the buttons will look like on your final screen:
Your logo will be shared with AddThis. If you want to change your logo, simply click on the Design tab and either click Upload logo if you have not yet uploaded one, or Update logo to change the current logo.
- Embedding your survey allows you to display it in the webpage of your choice. It is the easiest way to let your respondents complete your questionnaire without ever leaving your web page. Embed your survey on a website, e-mail, anchor link, Facebook, LinkedIn or other social media.
- Facebook Pixel is an analytics tool that helps you to see actions people are taking on your website. Use Facebook Pixel with Survey Anyplace to find out how many people entered the survey via the Facebook ad, including how many started and completed the survey.
- A Campaign shows a group of questionnaires all in one screen. This is a huge advantage and opportunity for you, as all your surveys can be accessed with just a single link. You can share your campaigns via a link, QR code, email, and more!