Use a quiz timer to discourage respondents from searching on the internet for the right answers as they'll be out of time. Or simply use it to build up the suspense!
Now toggle to show quiz timer, and you'll see several options:
- Show quiz timer - toggle the button to turn on the quiz timer feature. Remember, the quiz timer is set up for the whole questionnaire.
- Timer value - this is the number of seconds the timer will last before ending the quiz.
- Show countdown - choose whether or not you want a bar below your quiz counting down the seconds of the timer (see image below).
- Skip to a specific question when the timer has ended - Turn this on, and you'll be able to specify which question you want to skip to, e.g., demographic data or contact data. If you leave it off, the quiz will save and close when the timer runs out.
Make sure to click Save changes!
Here's how your question will look with a quiz timer at the bottom of the screen:
Here are some other features you may be interested in knowing about for your quiz:
- Leaderboard - When you take a quiz or test, it’s always fun to compare your results with others. This way, you can see how well you’ve really done. Use our leaderboard feature to show everyone's results. A leaderboard is a screen that you can choose to display at the beginning or end of the quiz or test showing everyone's scores.
- Quiz scoring – There are many different ways to add scoring to your quiz. Read this quiz scoring guide for some ideas. You may also be interested to know that you can allocate different score weights. You can activate this feature in the custom scoring section of extra options.
- Kiosk mode - If you're using your quiz at an event, kiosk mode will be very useful. When you don't have the time or staff to manage your survey devices, such as a tablet, you can just leave the tablet in kiosk mode at your event. Given that the questionnaire can automatically return to the Intro Screen, no staff is required. You might want to consider the following features when you leave your questionnaire unmanned: Automatic Back to Start, Idle timeout, and Save on Exit.
- Put an iPad in kiosk mode - A “kiosk” device is a computer or tablet that’s restricted to a single specific app. For small business owners, an iPad can be a great cost-effective solution to take advantage of kiosk devices. Read our how-to guide to learn how to set up the iPad and put it into kiosk mode.
- Offline mode - The offline survey tool is perfect when conducting a survey at an event, in restaurants and shops, or if you want to conduct street interviews or surveys. Our offline survey tool offers all the convenience of an online survey, but it works when your internet connection is unstable or even if there's no WIFI connection at all.