Add a table to the PDF report to display results clearly and concisely to your respondents. Your table could look like this:
Check out our video taking you through the table widget set-up, or read the step-by-step guide that follows below.
This guide will cover the following sections:
1 Setting up the widget
1.1 Configure table data
Now getting into the table content... set up the table by adding rows and columns, as many as you need, and either typing your own text in each row or column, or use variables from the drop-down menu.
- Specify the number of columns you need in your table. Ensure you enter the right number of columns because if you add columns later, you will lose the data that you have entered for each column.
- For each part of your table, decide if you will be giving it a label, which you can type here, or see number 3 about adding a variable.
- Add a variable to display customized data from the responses. You could choose to show an answer given to a question, the score from a question or question block, or many other variables. Scroll through the drop-down list to find the variable you want.
- Click Add Row to add more rows and repeat the steps above.
Tip: You could also choose a ready-made table by making only one row and column, and choosing one of the variables at the bottom of the drop-down list, such as question block custom score ranking table or formula result ranking table. This is an example of the question block custom score ranking table, which has a text section added before the table to explain what is shown:
Now if you want the table to be displayed to all respondents, you're done! Just make sure to click save PDF and continue adding other widgets.
Tip: Add a text widget before the table as a title for the table.
1.2 Widget styling
Choose how you would like to align your table widget. You can choose to align it to one side and have explanatory text or another widget on the other side or center it.
- Left - widget will be aligned to the left side of the page, in a column layout
- Center - widget will be presented centered across the entire page from the left to the right (full width)
- Right - widget will be aligned to the right side of the page, in a column layout
If you would like a widget to appear side-by-side the table, make sure to set the table aligned on one side of the page, and another widget on the opposite side. For example, choose to align the text widget to the left, and the table to the right.
You may need to reduce the width of the table so that there will be a gap between the table and the widget next to it.
1.3 Choose a table style
Choose which table style you would like to use.
Here you can see an example of each of the four table styles;
1.4 Set table properties
Next, it's time to choose the table properties. This is your opportunity to customize the table colors and size of the table. Choose the table width as a percentage of the width of the page.
Click on the pencil icon if you want to change any of the table colors - either the primary color or header text color. By default, the colors are the same as your survey colors. If you select a banded table, you will also be able to select the secondary color.
Tip: To make advanced design changes to the table, use custom CSS.
Click the Update preview button to see how the widget you've created looks like
Take a look below at some different placement possibilities.
2 Widget logic rules
If you want to only show this widget under certain conditions, it's time to set the widget logic rules. You can create logic rules so that widgets are only displayed when certain criteria are met. If you want to show a general widget that is visualized every time a PDF report is generated, you can choose not to include a widget logic rule. Learn more about Widget Logic.
Once you've saved your logic rules, don't forget to save PDF and you're ready to add more widgets!
3 Other available widgets
Why not check out our other widget guides and learn how to add other types of content to your PDF? Here is a full list of widgets like text, image, table, and more!