This feature is included in the Enterprise and ReportR plan.
Want to give a helping hand to your respondent? You can add a question hint to help out those who are struggling. When you've activated this feature, a small question mark will appear above the question. If the respondent clicks the icon, they'll get a popup with additional information or a hint.
To turn on question hints, head to the Extra options tab and scroll down to Private Options. Toggle to turn on Question hints.
Now when you go back to the questionnaire editor, you'll see a text box underneath the question text box and question options where you can enter your hint.
Here's how the question hint icon will be shown:
By clicking on the question mark icon, the hint will be displayed above the question:
Why not consider using some of our other features to further enhance the survey experience? Click on the link to go to the detailed guides:
- Question logic – use rules in your survey so that respondents are only shown questions that are relevant to them. Question logic allows you to specify which question to go to or go to the end of the questionnaire, based on the answer to a preceding question, quiz score, or contact data. Alternatively, you can decide to show or hide certain questions based on the criteria you set.
- Question grouping - You might want to show more than one question on the screen to make your questionnaire seem shorter. Use this feature for questions that are all on a related topic. If you really want a short survey, check out the making of a one-page survey guide.
- Fill in default responses – use this feature if you want to send respondents a survey with some pre-filled answers. Although the answers that you pre-fill will be shown to respondents as if the question has been answered, they are still able to edit the answer.
- Email notifications to receive an email each time a survey is completed.
- Save contact details - If you're asking respondents for their personal information, why not save yourself time later. Rather than transferring the data collected to a new contact list, use our save respondent details feature to build the contact list automatically.
- Intro fields and form fields are similar – make sure you’re using the most appropriate option by reading this guide, which explains the difference between intro fields and form fields.
- Think about adding media to your survey to liven it up! You can add images or videos – read all the details in the add media guide.
- Having a friendly user interface that is enjoyable for respondents is really important to keep them moving through the survey. Make all the design changes you need in the Design tab of the survey editor. You can add your logo and use your company colors throughout the survey.
- Labels and messages – did you know you can customize the messages that get shown to respondents, as well as the text of the labels? Make sure you’ve finished creating your questionnaire, then see if any labels or messages could do with improvements.