Using images in your personalized PDF report can be a great way to keep respondents engaged and break up long blocks of texts or lots of tables.
Adding Images to your reports, in some cases, can provide more detail than words; it can be a great way to display information!
This guide will cover the following sections:
1 Setting up the widget
1.1 Add an image
First, add your image, click Upload New Image, and drag and drop, copy and paste or choose the source of your image.
Tip: You can upload your images to Media Library that will be available for you to use in your PDF.
Now that you have added an image - let's change the settings
- Widget name - name your widget for ease of reference
- Image size - once you've uploaded your image, you can resize it using the arrows.
- Toggle to keep aspect ratio to maintain the height and width proportions as you resize the image.
- Image link - add a link to your image
1.2 Widget placement
Choose how you would like to align your image. You can choose to align it to one side and have explanatory text or another widget on the other side or center it.
- Left - widget will be aligned to the left side of the page, in a column layout
- Center - widget will be presented centered across the entire page from the left to the right (full width)
- Right - widget will be aligned to the right side of the page, in a column layout
If you would like a widget to appear next to the image, make sure to set the widget aligned on one side of the page, and the image on the other. For example, choose to align the text widget to the left, and align an image to the right.
Click the Update preview button to see how the widget you've created looks like
Take a look below at some different layout possibilities:
2 Widget logic rules
You can create logic rules so that widgets are only displayed when certain criteria are met. If you want to show a general widget that is visualized every time a PDF report is generated, you can choose not to include a widget logic rule. Learn more about Widget Logic.
Once you've saved your logic rules, don't forget to save PDF and you're ready to add more widgets!
3 Other available widgets
Why not check out our other widget guides and learn how to add other types of content to your PDF?