This feature is included in the ReportR plan. Contact us for more information.
Want to send a PDF report to specified contacts on a regular basis? Send team members a weekly report? Email the marketing department with a report every Sunday? Then the handy PDF scheduler feature is just what you need! The reports sent out by the scheduler are aggregate reports with all data totalled, as opposed to personalized reports with just one set of information.
So to start with, set up your PDF report from beginning to end using widgets to design the report with all graphs, tables and text that you want to include.
|An important difference in creating this report compared to a personalized report, is that any variables which you include should be averages of answers, rather than using a variable of a single answer. If you were to include personalized variables, then when the reports are sent out, they will only include data of the last response received, rather than aggregating all data.|
Once you've set up your PDF report being careful not to include personalized variables, now it's time to set up the PDF scheduler.
You'll find this feature under the Share tab of the ReportR options:
Click on Scheduler and you'll find these options:
- To - select your list of contact from the drop-down list. You cannot enter email addresses here; you'll only have the option to choose a contact list. So make sure you've got all the lists you need set up already in My Contacts.
- From - type sender's name and email address here.
- When - click on the drop-down list and choose if you want to send a report daily, once a week on a specified day, or on the first day of every month. Choose the hour that your report should be sent (in your time zone).
- Subject - type your subject here. Make it short and to-the-point so your contacts will know what the email is about.
- Message - here's where you can enter the main body of the email message. You can use the editor icons to change the look of the text, add links, emoticons and more!
- Filter - click the purple button to add a filter to specify that the email should only be sent if a certain criteria is met. This could be for example, that the intro field is equal to "Marketing" and then only the Marketing department would receive the report. Be aware that you will need to have lists already created in My Contacts and make sure it matches up to the filter, for example, a list in My Contacts of the Marketing department contacts.
- Add Schedule Report Email - clicking this button will save the scheduled email and add the schedule to the schedules list below.
If you want to send a few scheduled report emails from the same PDF report that you've created, simply work through steps 1-7 again. This may be useful if you want to send reports with a separate message to different teams.
You'll find each of the scheduled reports listed at the bottom of the Schedule Report Email settings, under the heading Schedules. Here's where you can choose to de-activate reports by toggling the active button, and just click Manage to get back to the schedule editor and change any details.
|Only 1 PDF download will be added to your monthly PDF limit each time a scheduled email is sent out. Once the email is received, the contacts can download the report from the attachment as many times as they wish.|