The reports sent out by the scheduler are aggregate reports with all data totaled, as opposed to personalized reports with just one set of information. You can use PDF scheduler if you want to send a PDF report to specified contacts on a regular basis, send team members a weekly report, email the marketing department with a report every Sunday...
So to start with, set up your PDF report from beginning to end using widgets to design the report with all graphs, tables, and text that you want to include.
Once you've set up your PDF report being careful not to include personalized variables, now it's time to set up the PDF scheduler.
You'll find this feature under the Share tab of the ReportR options:
Click on Scheduler and click Create Scheduler. You'll find these options:
- Active - toggle the button to activate/inactivate your Scheduled PDF.
- When - click on the drop-down list and choose if you want to send a report daily, once a week on a specified day, or on the first day of every month. Choose the hour that your report should be sent (in your time zone).
- To - select your list of contact from the drop-down list. You cannot enter email addresses here; you'll only have the option to choose a contact list. So make sure you've got all the lists you need set up already in My Contacts.
- From - type sender's name and email address here.
- Subject - type your subject here. Make it short and to the point so your contacts will know what the email is about.
- Message - here's where you can enter the main body of the email message. You can use the editor icons to change the look of the text, add links, emoticons, and more!
- Filter - click the purple button to add a filter to specify that the email should only be sent if certain criteria is met. This could be for example, that the intro field is equal to "Marketing" and then only the Marketing department would receive the report. Be aware that you will need to have listed already created in My Contacts and make sure it matches up to the filter, for example, a list in My Contacts of the Marketing department contacts.
- Save - clicking this button will save the scheduled email and add the schedule to the schedules list below.
If you want to send a few scheduled report emails from the same PDF report that you've created, simply work through steps 1-7 again. This may be useful if you want to send reports with a separate message to different teams.
Tip: You can schedule your Report when a specific amount of response has been collected.