Add the Formula Ranking widget to display the results of selected formulas ranked from lowest score to highest score or highest to lowest.
The result of each formula that you choose to show will be displayed together with explanatory text immediately underneath.
Let's take a look at how to add this to your PDF report...
This guide will discuss:
1 Setting up the widget
1.1 Add KPIs
After you've named the widget, start by adding the formulas which you want to display. Click Add KPI to add the first formula, then choose your formula from the drop-down menu. The description is the text which will be displayed under the formula result. Click Add KPI to add as many formulas as you wish.
1.2 Adjust widget settings
Now you can adjust the other settings for this widget:
- Widget name - name your widget for ease of reference
- Show formula titles - Show or hide the title of each formula in the ranking
- Show formula results - Show or hide the result of each formula in the ranking
- Sorting - Choose whether you want to sort the formulas from low to high, high to low, or with no sorting.
- Limit - You can set the limit of how many formulas to show. You can add as many formulas as you like, and then choose to limit by, for example, the top 3. If you've added 10 formulas, only the results of the top 3 formulas will be shown in the PDF report.
Tip: To make advanced design changes to the bar chart, use custom CSS.
1.3 Widget placement
Choose how you would like to align your formula ranking widget. You can choose to align it to one side and have explanatory text or another widget on the other side or center it.
- Left - widget will be aligned to the left side of the page, in a column layout
- Center - widget will be presented centered across the entire page from the left to the right (full width)
- Right - widget will be aligned to the right side of the page, in a column layout
If you would like a widget to appear side-by-side the formula ranking widget, make sure to set the widget aligned on one side of the page, and the formula ranking widget on the other. For example, choose to align the text widget to the left, and align a formula ranking widget to the right.
Click the Update preview button to see how the widget you've created looks like
Take a look below at some different possibilities.
2 Widget logic rules
If you want to only show this widget under certain conditions, you can set the widget logic rules. If you want to show a general widget that is visualized every time a PDF report is generated, you can choose not to include a widget logic rule. Learn more about Widget Logic.
Once you've saved your logic rules, don't forget to save PDF and you're ready to add more widgets!
3 Other available widgets
Why not check out our other widget guides and learn how to add other types of content to your PDF?