To track your survey respondents you can add intro fields to your questionnaire. This way, if you have users accessing your questionnaire from a few different sources, for example Facebook, LinkedIn, and your company website, you will know which medium they used to access it.
This is an example from the responses view, where you can easily track your respondents to identify what source they have used.
This guide will teach you:
1. Setting up the Intro Fields
It's pretty straightforward to track the source of your respondents using intro fields.
The option to Add Intro fields is shown in the Intro screen section that comes before the questions in the questionnaire editor.
- Name the Intro screen field: You could call it "Source" or any other word to label the results. The field name will only be visible on your end (in the results), so the name is for your ease of use only.
- If you do not want to display an Intro screen at the start of your questionnaire, simply toggle to hide intro screen. Now you'll have an Intro field set up but no one will be able to view it.
- If you want to show an Intro screen with text and/or other Intro screen fields, simply toggle the Visible button so the "Source" field will not be displayed to respondents.
2. Setting up the Pre-fill Fields
Now that you've set up the Intro field, all you need to do is pre-fill the field for each of the sources. Copy the questionnaire link from the Share tab and then simply add a parameter to the end of the URL. Add /?cf1= then the name of the source, for example /?cf1=linkedin-Ad. If the Intro field is not the first one, use the relevant intro field number, for example /?cf3=.
Use this link when you are embedding your questionnaire or providing a questionnaire link on different websites. For example, the URL you'll use for your questionnaire on LinkedIn will show https://s.surveyanyplace.com/s/SURVEY/?cf1=LinkedIn-Ad but the Facebook link will have the ending /?cf1=FB-Ad.
When you view your results in the Responses view, you'll see a column called Source (or any other name you gave the Intro field) which shows the UTM parameter.
- The results dashboard is the page showing all results collected from your questionnaire. You can customize your results dashboard by choosing different filters such as date, specific questions and answers you want to see, add gauge charts and more.
- Download your results: When you've collected your results and are ready to download them, there are different download options available - either a bulk download of survey results or choose to download files relating to individual responses.