You can collect your payments through your survey or assessment by using PayPal. We don't charge or take any type of cut of the purchase when you use the PayPal integration. We also do not store any of the credit card information on Survey Anyplace; it all goes through PayPal.
PayPal is an online system that lets you pay for goods and services with a safe online account, that is connected to your credit card or checking account.
We'll discuss the following in this guide:
- Connect Survey Anyplace to Paypal
- Set up a PayPal question type
- Change the general question settings
- Edit the question
- Create payment processing logic
1 Connect Survey Anyplace to Paypal
Go to the setting for My Account by clicking on your name at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Scroll down to Technical Info and click Create for PayPal Integration.
Set up a PayPal Developer Account and create Sandbox and Live applications. Copy the Client ID and Secret values into the tool and click Create.
2 Set up a Paypal Question type
In the Questions tab, click the button ? Questions.
Select PayPal and click +.
3 Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Lock/unlock the question to be edited by other team members.
- Copy, Delete, or Preview that particular question.
4 Edit the question
- Add your question here. Use the rich text editor icons to make your text bold, italic, add emojis, videos, variables, and more.
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after clicking the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next one.
- Add a question tag - turn this feature to add a tag to your question that you can reference in your survey or PDF.
- Amount - Enter the amount which you want to charge. Note that respondents cannot change the amount to be paid. It can be a variable.
- Currency - Choose the currency for payment. Note that the following currencies are supported: USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, NZD, CHF, SEK, HKD, SGD, and NOK.
Don't forget to click Save changes. This is how it'll look like;
5 Create Payment Processing Logic
You can create question logic or outcomes based on a successful or failed payment.
5.1 Question Logic based on PayPal question
If you want to let the respondent skip to the end/to a certain question after a successful/failed payment, question logic is the way to go.
Head to the Extra Options tab and click on Question Logic. Click Create rule and set conditions based on whether the answer to the PayPal transaction question is: payment is successful or payment has failed.
Read the detailed question logic help guide for all you need to know about setting up question logic.
5.2 Outcomes based on PayPal question
You can also base final outcomes on the PayPal payment status.
Head to the Extra Options tab and click on Outcomes. Click Create outcome and choose to show this outcome when a certain condition is met.
You can now set the outcome screen to be displayed based on whether the PayPal transaction payment was successful or has failed.
And you're done! Now you've integrated PayPal seamlessly into your survey!