This feature is included in all paying plans.
A Slot Machine question is used to give away incentives in an entertaining way or just as a fun break in a long survey to lower the drop rate.
The drop-out rate is the percentage of respondents who do not complete a survey. They may lose interest, the survey may be too long or poorly designed. Check out this blog post for loads of ideas and tips to reduce your drop-out rate.
A sure way to make your survey more exciting is with a slot machine like this to break up the monotony:
Can't wait to add one of these into your questionnaire? Log in and let's get going!
1 Add a Slot Machine to your questionnaire
In the Questions tab, click the button +Add question.
Scroll down to the widgets and select Slot Machine. Click Add question.
2 Change the general question settings
- Click the arrow to hide the question when you're not currently editing it.
- This is the question number. You can always change the order of your survey questions by choosing a different question number. Want respondents to answer this question earlier in the survey? Select a lower number to move it to an earlier position.
- Changed your mind about the question type? Here you can change it immediately to another type. Your question will remain but your answers will disappear.
- Reusing your survey or quiz for multiple audiences? If the question is not relevant for your current respondents, easily switch the active button to inactive or vice versa. This feature is only available on the Enterprise plan.
- Click on the first icon to Copy your question, the X to Delete and the eye to Preview.
3 Edit the message
- Write your message here. Want to make your text bold, italics or a fun color? Click here to learn more about all of the icons.
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The image or video will be displayed above your question. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - turn this on to require respondent to play the slot machine before moving to the next question.
4 Change the winning and playing settings
If you don't want to give away too many prizes, here's where you can adjust the probability of winning.
- Probability to win - Enter the probability a respondent has of winning the slot machine.
- Limit number of times the respondent can play - Toggle this button to the right to add a limit. Then determine how many times a respondent gets to try and play.
Tip: You can change the slot machine Play label and Win and Lost messages by heading over to Labels and message in Extra Options. Read the guide here.
That's all, you're good to go! You know your respondents will love it... add it today!