WYSIWYG Rich Text Editor Icons
Use the rich text editor icons to liven up your question text, make it bold, choose your color and insert a link and much more!
So let's start deciphering all the icons!
- These three buttons are the standard buttons to make the text you selected bold or italic and to underline that part of the text.
- These three buttons are to specify your layout and color. The first button indicates the size of the text. The second button lets you choose a color for your text and background color (the color behind the text). The third button lets you change the alignment of the text (left, right, centered or justified).
- Use the first button to add a link to the selected part of the text. The second button gives you a range of emoticons you can choose to add.
- The first button, the eraser, is used to erase the former layout of a text. You use this when you have copied your text from another document. The second button is used to work in the HTML code of the text.
- Use these arrows to undo and redo your work.
- Editor variables - This option will show up when you're creating an email template, email invitation or outcome. Editor variables refer to survey data, fields or questions and answers in your survey. By selecting a variable, you can personalize your email without having to set up different emails for each respondent as this will be done automatically by the system.
- Piping variables - Use information that your respondent already gave in previous questions to make your questionnaire more engaging. When you click this button, you'll see a drop-down list of variables that you can choose from. You can also personalize by choosing to insert a field for the First or Last Name of respondents - you'll find these fields at the bottom of the drop-down list. Learn more about Piping here.
So now you understand all the symbols, there's no excuse for boring plain text!