What is Zapier?
Zapier is a tool that enables the transfer of data from one web app to another one. Set up a Zap workflow to connect different apps, using a specified event as the trigger for starting the workflow.
Possible integrations with Zapier
By using Zapier in combination with Survey Anyplace, you can send the data collected within your survey to create contacts in Survey Anyplace, or send data to apps such as Google Sheets, Mailchimp, Salesforce, Trello, and many more. For example, transfer email addresses collected in a survey to a Mailchimp email list. Why not take a look at the list of integrations?
If your survey has 50 or more questions, we recommend using Integromat instead of Zapier because Zapier has a limitation of 1000 available variable fields. In case your survey has more than 50 questions, the limit of 1000 fields can be reached.
How to integrate with Survey Anyplace
Before you can get started with Zapier, you have to create your survey. Not sure how? Learn how to create your survey or quiz. Once you've done that and have collected one response, follow these steps...
1 Turn on integration in your questionnaire
In the Extra Options tab, scroll down to Integrations and click Zapier. Toggle to activate Zapier connection.
Make sure that you have already collected 1 answer to your questionnaire so that it can be used as test data when you connect to your questionnaire in Zapier. After you have made this connection you can delete this response.
2 Create your connection or Zap
Log in to Zapier or create an account if you don't already have one. Click Make a Zap! at the top of the page.
Type to search for Survey Anyplace from the list of apps. The trigger will be New Survey Response. Click Continue.
Now click to Sign in to Survey Anyplace. You'll now be asked to log in and authorize access to your Survey Anyplace account. Click Authorize.
Now click Continue.
3 Linking a specific survey to a Zap
Next, we need to select which survey will be the trigger to an event.
- Click on the arrow to access all surveys in Survey Anyplace for which you have activated the Zapier connection.
- Choose the required survey.
- Click Test & Review to allow Zapier to test the connection.
- Once it has pulled up a response, click Done Editing so you can move to the next stage, of setting up the event.
4 What should occur after a new survey response
You can choose from dozens of apps to create the event that will occur after a trigger. We'll focus on how you can set up an event to occur in Survey Anyplace that will create a new contact.
- Click the Survey Anyplace icon or type to search for Survey Anyplace from the list of apps.
- Click Continue.
- Click the drop-down arrow to choose your Survey Anyplace account and click Continue.
- Now you need to specify where the data to fill the contact data fields should be taken from. Click the icon in the right corner of each contact field, and select the variable from the drop-down list. If you have asked respondents for their first name in question 1, then you'll need to select Question 1 Response Text in the First Name field.
- Click Continue.
Now you can test the settings that you've set up, by clicking Test & Review or Test & Continue (recommended). If you want to skip this step, just click Skip Test.
Your Zap is ready to go. Toggle the button at the bottom of the screen to turn it on when you're ready.
You're done now - let those zaps save you loads of time and bother!
Note that when you activate the Zapier connection in Survey Anyplace, you'll see a list of possible zaps that you can set up. You could choose to use this Zap and follow through with the instructions above to set an event to occur after a new response is received.
Make sure to click Save changes when you're done!