Google Analytics is a freemium web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google Analytics is currently the most widely used web analytics service on the Internet.
Google Analytics will capture extra data that will allow you to make analyses across different channels. For example, to check if there are discrepancies between your website visitors and your social following.
Currently, you can't see where someone leaves the survey since it technically doesn't consist of multiple pages.
In this guide we'll discuss the following:
1 Find your Google Analytics Key
To make Google Analytics work on your survey, you first need your Google Analytics Key.
You can find your Google Analytics Key by going to the Administration section in Google Analytics. You can get there by clicking on the gear wheel in the bottom left corner.
Once you're on the Administration page, in the Property list of options, click Tracking info then, select Tracking Code.
Here you'll find your Google Analytics Key under Tracking ID. It will most likely start with UA.
Right, you've now got your key, so it's time to head right back to the Survey Anyplace platform...
2 Activate Google Analytics in your questionnaire
Log in, go to your questionnaire, and click Extra Options. Scroll down to the Integrations section and find Google Analytics.
Now you can toggle to activate Google Analytics integration.
Now you can enter your Google Analytics key.
You're done! You've enabled Google Analytics in your survey! You're on your way to collect loads more data to give extra insight.
Here is how a Google Analytics page could appear with a Survey Anyplace integration:
3 What's next?
Survey Anyplace offers a number of useful integrations. Check out the list of integrations available.
Here is a selection – click on the link to get to the detailed help guide.
- Google Tag Manager is a tag system that Google has created that can be used for tracking and analytics on websites. It can be used to track respondents' behavior in your survey or to find out how effective an advert promoting your survey has been.
- Zapier integration - Zapier is a tool that enables the transfer of data from one web app to another one. By using Zapier in combination with Survey Anyplace, you can send the data collected within your survey to create contacts in Survey Anyplace or send data to apps such as Google Sheets, Mailchimp, Salesforce, Trello, and many more. For example, to transfer email addresses collected in a survey to a Mailchimp email list.
- Integromat integration - With the Survey Anyplace integration, you have loads of possibilities of actions that can be executed by Integromat when you receive a new survey response - integrate with Google Sheets, Twilio, WooCommerce, Mailchimp, Dropbox, and many more. Integromat offers similar features to Zapier but is more powerful as you can set a single event to trigger a number of different actions to be taken simultaneously.
- External fields allow you to pull in data from external data sources, such as a spreadsheet. This is useful if you want to read data from an external data source, for example, cell values from a Google sheet, use these values in variable data in the PDF report, or a more advanced use would be to use the Google sheet as a bi-directional database, whereby the same survey will also send data to the Google Sheet. This would allow the benchmark cell value referenced to be adjusted automatically as new responses are received.
- Google sheets - Use the Google Sheets integration to push your responses to a Google Sheet.