Google Analytics is a freemium web analytics service that tracks and reports website traffic. It is currently the most widely used web analytics service on the Internet.
This guide will teach you:
1. Find your Google Analytics Key
To make GA work on your survey, you first need your Google Analytics Key.
You can find it by going to the Administration section in GA. You can get there by clicking on the gear wheel in the bottom left corner.
Once you're on the Administration page, in the Property list of options, click Tracking info then, select Tracking Code.
Here you'll find your GA under Tracking ID. It will most likely start with UA.
2. Activate Google Analytics in your questionnaire
Go to Extra Options. Scroll down to the Integrations section and find Google Analytics.
Now you can toggle the button to activate it and enter your GA key.
Here is how a GA page could appear with a Survey Anyplace integration:
- Google Tag Manager is a tag system that can be used for tracking and analytics on websites. It can be used to track respondents' behavior in your survey or to find out how effective an advert promoting your survey has been.
- Zapier is a tool that enables the transfer of data from one web app to another one. By using Zapier in combination with Survey Anyplace, you can send the data collected within your survey to create contacts in Survey Anyplace or send data to apps such as Mailchimp, Salesforce, Trello, and many more. For example, to transfer email addresses collected in a survey to a Mailchimp email list.
- Integromat allows you to automate many processes and simplifies the transfer of information between apps, saving you bags of time! Integromat offers similar features to Zapier but is more powerful as you can set a single event to trigger a number of different actions to be taken simultaneously.