White labeling allows you to remove Survey Anyplace brand and logo from our product and replace it with your own. There are a lot of possibilities for branding your questionnaire by design. But if you want to fully brand your questionnaire by using your own link, you can white-label your questionnaire.
We offer three solutions of white labeling: white labeling the survey URL (the questionnaires will be white-labeled), white labeling the email domain (you will be able to send out emails using your own email domain from within the app), and white labeling on the editor (the software will be white-labeled).
This guide will teach you:
1. White label the subdomain
White labeling the subdomain allows you to change the URL of the survey. The URL looks as follows: s.surveyanyplace.com/examplesurvey or su.vc/examplesurvey. You can use your own domain to access your surveys by adding a DNS CNAME record for a subdomain: s.yourdomain.com/yoursurveysuffix
How to set up a white-labeled URL for the mobile application:
- Create subdomain s of the URL for the mobile survey app - s.[yourdomainname].com
- Set DNS CNAME record on the subdomain with value - survey.whitelabel.surveyanyplace.com
- We add the URL to our white list - you will be able to access the survey on s.[yourdomainname].com
2. White label the email domain
The emails get sent out from within the app (with email templates or email invitations) - from firstname.lastname@example.org. The sender address can be set up as the email of your preference. When someone responds to your email their message will be forwarded to email@example.com, which after it gets forwarded to your email. The receiver gets the white-labeled email on your domain.
The emails that are sent will have a higher priority than firstname.lastname@example.org and are less likely to get spammed.
How to configure the emails created in Survey Anyplace to be sent in your own domain: (for this work you need to do some DNS configuration on your domain)
2.1 Create DKIM records
In DNS settings of [CLIENTDOMAIN] you need to add a TXT record to the domain mandrill.domainkey.[CLIENTDOMAIN]
v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCrLHiExVd55zd/IQ/J/mRwSRMAocV/hMB3jXwaHH36d9NaVynQFYV8NaWi69c1veUtRzGt7yAioXqLj7Z4TeEUoOLgrKsn8YnckGs9i3B3tVFB+Ch/4mPhXWiNfNdynHWBcPcbJ8kjEQ2U8y78dHZj1YeRXXVvWob2OaKynO8/lQIDAQAB;
2.2 Create SPF record
In the DNS setting of [CLIENT_DOMAIN] you need to add a TXT record with a value
v=spf1 include:spf.mandrillapp.com ?all
If you already have a TXT record with SPF information, you'll need to add
in the record (before the last operator, which is usually ?all, ~all or all-)
2.3 Verification email
We also need to send a verification link to an email address ending in @[CLIENT_DOMAIN]. The verification email will need to be forwarded to email@example.com to complete the verification.
Alternatively, you can create a TXT record in your domain's DNS records with the following value:
Let us know if you have any questions. If you're not sure how to update DNS settings, we can do it for you if you can give us access to the domain configurations. More info on these verification steps can be found in the documentation of Mandrill.
- View your invoices: Here is where you can find your recent invoices listed, with a download icon at the end of the row where you can download individual invoices. If you're looking to see an older one, you can just select the View all invoices button.
- You want to change your email address or password? You can ask for a new password to be sent by email if you forgot your secret code, or just change your password for security reasons. Either way, you can change your email address and password in just a few easy steps or you can contact us for help.
- Team management: With this feature, you can manage what the different team members have access to. You can set up who is allowed to edit the questionnaire or who you only want to give viewing rights to. You could also allow team members to view the reporting dashboard.