This is an optional feature of the Enterprise plan and ReportR plan.
There are a lot of possibilities for branding your questionnaire by design. But if you want to fully brand your questionnaire by using your own link, you can white-label your questionnaire.
White labeling removes the brand and logo from a product or service by replacing it with the branding requested by the customer.
We offer three solutions of white labeling: white labeling the survey URL (the questionnaires will be white-labeled), white labelign the email domain (you will be able to send out emails using your own email domain from within the app) and white labeling on the editor (the software will be white-labeled).
This guide contains:
1 White label the subdomain
White labeling the subdomain allows you to change the URL of the survey. The URL looks as follows: s.surveyanyplace.com/examplesurvey or su.vc/examplesurvey. You can use your own domain to access your surveys by adding a DNS CNAME record for a subdomain: s.yourdomain.com/yoursurveysuffix
How to set up a white-labeled URL for the mobile application:
- Create subdomain s of the URL for the mobile survey app - s.[yourdomainname].com
- Set DNS CNAME record on the subdomain with value - s.whitelabel.surveyanyplace.com
- We add the URL to our white list - you will be able to access the survey on s.[yourdomainname].com
2 White label the email domain
The emails get sent out from within the app (with email templates or email invitations) - from email@example.com. The sender address can be set up as the email of your preference. When someone responds to your email their message will be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org, which after it gets forwarded to your email. The receiver gets the white-labeled email on your domain.
The emails that are sent will have a higher priority than email@example.com and are less likely to get spammed.
How to configure the emails created in Survey Anyplace to be sent in your own domain: (for this work you need to do some DNS configuration on your domain)
2.1 Create DKIM records
In DNS settings of [CLIENTDOMAIN] you need to add a TXT record to the domain
v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCrLHiExVd55zd/IQ/J/mRwSRMAocV/hMB3jXwaHH36d9NaVynQFYV8NaWi69c1veUtRzGt7yAioXqLj7Z4TeEUoOLgrKsn8YnckGs9i3B3tVFB+Ch/4mPhXWiNfNdynHWBcPcbJ8kjEQ2U8y78dHZj1YeRXXVvWob2OaKynO8/lQIDAQAB;
2.2 Create SPF record
In the DNS setting of [CLIENT_DOMAIN] you need to add a TXT record with a value
v=spf1 include:spf.mandrillapp.com ?all
If you already have a TXT record with SPF information, you'll need to add
in the record (before the last operator, which is usually ?all, ~all or all-)
2.3 Verification email
We also need to send a verification link to an email address ending in @[CLIENT_DOMAIN]. The verification email will need to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the verification.
Let us know if you have any questions. If you're not sure how to update DNS settings, we can do it for you if you can give us access to the domain configurations. More info on these verification steps can be found in the documentation of Mandrill.
3 White label the mobile editor
You also have the possibility to white label your result pages with your own branding. Your logo and 2 corporate colors can be implemented on the pages. All URLs of surveys and reports in this version will be replaced with your subdomain.
To white label the URL of the editor:
- Create a URL subdomain app for the mobile survey app - app.[yourdomainname].com
- Set DNS CNAME record on the subdomain with value - app.whitelabel.surveyanyplace.com
|Logo||PNG, min 975px width or height||Your logo to use in the editor app as the logo in custom design template|
|Icon||PNG, min 175px width or height, square size||Your logo to use as a smaller logo in the editor app for the survey editor and reporting pages, etc.|
|Favicon||PNG, min 175px width or height, square size|| Your favicon to use in the browser tabs, bookmarks, favicon in custom design template, etc.|
|Primary color||Hexadecimal web format ||Replaces SA purple in CSS of editor app and will be used as the primary color and link color in custom design template|
|Secondary color||Hexadecimal web format ||Replaces SA red in CSS of editor app and will be used as background color and button color in the custom design template|
|Title|| Name of the app shown in the browser tab, bookmarks, etc.|| Used as the name for the custom design template|
|Redirect URL||–||to redirect to this URL when a survey is not active or has not been found||https://surveyanyplace.com/|
Check out the example below. When your domain is white labeled, the software is completely white-labeled, so here is how the login page will appear, with your own company's branding.
All parts of the website have your company's corporate colors, for example, the Home page and question design:
For more information and prices, you can contact email@example.com
Here are some other account management features you may be interested in:
- View your invoices – read the how-to guide to find out how you can view your invoices.
- Change your email address or password – you can change the email address linked to your account or change your password if you’ve forgotten it or just feel like a change!
- Change your account plan – this guide shows you how to upgrade to a plan with more features, downgrade if you choose, or even cancel your account and say goodbye to Survey Anyplace. If you think you won't be needing your account for a while, you can cancel your subscription and move to a free account keeping all your work intact. If you're really sure about leaving us, proceed with caution - once you have canceled your account, all of your surveys and responses will be deleted, and this is irreversible.
- Simultaneous logins - This occurs when different people are logged in on different devices and can cause problems such as work being lost. If you want to have the capability for more than one team member to work in the application, sign up for the Enterprise plan or ReportR plan. These plans have a team management feature that allows you to create accounts for all of your team members (or create multiple administrators) at a small additional cost.
- Team management - With this feature, you can manage what the different team members have access to. You can set up who is allowed to edit the questionnaire or who you only want to give viewing rights to. You could also allow team members to view the reporting dashboard.