White labeling removes the brand and logo from a product or service by replacing it with the branding requested by the customer. There are a lot of possibilities for branding your questionnaire by design. But if you want to fully brand your questionnaire by using your own link, you can white-label your questionnaire.
We offer three solutions of white labeling: white labeling the survey URL (the questionnaires will be white-labeled), white labeling the email domain (you will be able to send out emails using your own email domain from within the app), and white labeling on the editor (the software will be white-labeled).
This guide contains:
1 White label the subdomain
White labeling the subdomain allows you to change the URL of the survey. The URL looks as follows: s.surveyanyplace.com/examplesurvey or su.vc/examplesurvey. You can use your own domain to access your surveys by adding a DNS CNAME record for a subdomain: s.yourdomain.com/yoursurveysuffix
How to set up a white-labeled URL for the mobile application:
- Create subdomain s of the URL for the mobile survey app - s.[yourdomainname].com
- Set DNS CNAME record on the subdomain with value - survey.whitelabel.surveyanyplace.com
- We add the URL to our white list - you will be able to access the survey on s.[yourdomainname].com
2 White label the email domain
The emails get sent out from within the app (with email templates or email invitations) - from email@example.com. The sender address can be set up as the email of your preference. When someone responds to your email their message will be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org, which after it gets forwarded to your email. The receiver gets the white-labeled email on your domain.
The emails that are sent will have a higher priority than email@example.com and are less likely to get spammed.
How to configure the emails created in Survey Anyplace to be sent in your own domain: (for this work you need to do some DNS configuration on your domain)
2.1 Create DKIM records
In DNS settings of [CLIENTDOMAIN] you need to add a TXT record to the domain
v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCrLHiExVd55zd/IQ/J/mRwSRMAocV/hMB3jXwaHH36d9NaVynQFYV8NaWi69c1veUtRzGt7yAioXqLj7Z4TeEUoOLgrKsn8YnckGs9i3B3tVFB+Ch/4mPhXWiNfNdynHWBcPcbJ8kjEQ2U8y78dHZj1YeRXXVvWob2OaKynO8/lQIDAQAB;
2.2 Create SPF record
In the DNS setting of [CLIENT_DOMAIN] you need to add a TXT record with a value
v=spf1 include:spf.mandrillapp.com ?all
If you already have a TXT record with SPF information, you'll need to add
in the record (before the last operator, which is usually ?all, ~all or all-)
2.3 Verification email
We also need to send a verification link to an email address ending in @[CLIENT_DOMAIN]. The verification email will need to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the verification.
Let us know if you have any questions. If you're not sure how to update DNS settings, we can do it for you if you can give us access to the domain configurations. More info on these verification steps can be found in the documentation of Mandrill.
Here are some other account management features you may be interested in:
- View your invoices – read the how-to guide to find out how you can view your invoices.
- Change your email address or password – you can change the email address linked to your account or change your password if you’ve forgotten it or just feel like a change!
- Simultaneous logins - This occurs when different people are logged in on different devices and can cause problems such as work being lost. If you want to have the capability for more than one team member to work in the application, sign up for the Enterprise plan or ReportR plan. These plans have a team management feature that allows you to create accounts for all of your team members (or create multiple administrators) at a small additional cost.
- Team management - With this feature, you can manage what the different team members have access to. You can set up who is allowed to edit the questionnaire or who you only want to give viewing rights to. You could also allow team members to view the reporting dashboard.