In this guide we'll discuss the following:
1 Integrate Google Sheets
Click on the Extra Options tab and scroll down to Integrations. Click Google Sheets.
Once you have clicked the Google Sheets tab, you should have the settings screen
- Enabled - make sure to toggle this button on to enable the feature.
- Spreadsheet ID - copy the spreadsheet ID, which you'll find in the URL of your spreadsheet. Copy only the values between the "/d/" and the "/edit".
- Sheet Name - copy the name of the sheet - you'll find the sheet name in the tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
- Create - click Create to test the connection and create the header row for your questionnaire.
Make sure to share your document with the user email@example.com. It’s a very important step in this process.
2 What's next?
Survey Anyplace offers a number of useful integrations. Check out the list of integrations available.
Here is a selection – click on the link to get to the detailed help guide.
- Use Google Analytics to capture extra data that will allow you to make analyses across different channels. For example, to check if there are discrepancies between your website visitors and your social following. Google Analytics is currently the most widely used web analytics service on the internet.
- Google Tag Manager is a tag system that Google has created that can be used for tracking and analytics on websites. It can be used to track respondents' behavior in your survey, or to find out how effective an advert promoting your survey has been.
- Zapier integration - Zapier is a tool that enables the transfer of data from one web app to another one. By using Zapier in combination with Survey Anyplace, you can send the data collected within your survey to create contacts in Survey Anyplace or send data to apps such as Google Sheets, Mailchimp, Salesforce, Trello, and many more. For example, to transfer email addresses collected in a survey to a Mailchimp email list.
- Integromat integration - With the Survey Anyplace integration, you have loads of possibilities of actions that can be executed by Integromat when you receive a new survey response - integrate with Google Sheets, Twilio, WooCommerce, Mailchimp, Dropbox, and many more. Integromat offers similar features to Zapier but is more powerful as you can set a single event to trigger a number of different actions to be taken simultaneously.
- External fields allow you to pull in data from external data sources, such as a spreadsheet. This is useful if you want to read data from an external data source, for example, cell values from a Google sheet, use these values in variable data in the PDF report, or a more advanced use would be to use the Google sheet as a bi-directional database, whereby the same survey will also send data to the Google Sheet. This would allow the benchmark cell value referenced to be adjusted automatically as new responses are received.