Auto Skip will automatically slide to the next question once the answer has been selected by the respondent. You can also choose if you want to have respondents click Complete to finish the questionnaire or if it will automatically complete once the final question has been answered.
Auto Skip is developed for single Text Choice, single Image Choice, and Rating questions. Questions will not automatically skip if Multiple Choice, Extra comments, or Group on-screen is enabled.
To enable Auto Skip, log in and go to the Extra Options tab in your questionnaire.
Scroll down to the section Question logic and click Auto Skip.
Toggle the button to Enable autoskip. Then you'll be given a second option to automatically complete the questionnaire when final question has been answered. Toggle this button to turn on if desired.
Don't forget to click Save changes, and you're done!
Auto Skip helps your respondents progress smoothly through the survey. Why not consider using some of our other features to further enhance their survey experience?
Click on the link to go to the detailed guides:
- Question logic – use rules in your survey so that respondents are only shown questions that are relevant to them. Question logic allows you to specify which question to go to or go to the end of the questionnaire, based on the answer to a preceding question, quiz score, or contact data. Alternatively, you can decide to show or hide certain questions based on the criteria you set.
- Question grouping - You might want to show more than one question on the screen to make your questionnaire seem shorter. Use this feature for questions that are all on a related topic. If you really want a short survey, check out the making a one-page survey guide.
- Question hint – a handy feature if you’re making a quiz and want to offer a little help to those in need!
- Fill in default responses – use this feature if you want to send respondents a survey with some prefilled answers. Although the answers that you prefill will be shown to respondents as if the question has been answered, they are still able to edit the answer.
- Intro fields and form fields are similar – make sure you’re using the most appropriate option by reading this guide which explains the difference between intro fields and form fields.
- Think about adding media to your survey to liven it up! You can add images or videos – read all the details in the add media guide.
- Having a friendly user interface that is enjoyable for respondents to use is really important to keep them moving through the survey. Make all the design changes you need in the Design tab of the survey editor. You can add your logo and use your company colors throughout the survey.
- Labels and messages – did you know you can customize the messages that get shown to respondents, as well as the text of the labels? Make sure you’ve finished creating your questionnaire, then see if any labels or messages could do with improvements.