Text Choice is used when you ask a multiple choice question and present the possible answers to your respondent.
Here's an example of a simple Text Choice question.
You can make your question into a quiz question, multiple-choice, or make it mandatory. Let's first see how to add your Text Choice question. We'll discuss the following points in this guide:
1 Add a Text Choice question to your questionnaire
In the Questions tab, click the button ? Questions. Select Text Choice from the list of question types and Click +.
2 Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Lock/unlock the question to be edited by other team members.
- Copy, Delete, or Preview that particular question.
3 Edit the question
- Add your question here. Use the rich text editor icons to change the text to bold, italics, or your company's colors and lots more...
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
- Turn this question into a quiz question - toggle the button to make this question a quiz question. Now you will be able to mark the correct answer (or answers in case of multiple choice). This way the respondent will receive a score based on the quiz questions at the end of the survey/quiz. Read more about this further on.
4 Add your answer options
- Type your first answer in the box.
- Click Add answer to add as many answers as you require.
- Number of columns - Choose the number of columns to change the display of the answers
- Multiple answers possible - toggle the button to allow respondents to select more than one answer. When your question is multiple choice, the checkboxes will be squares instead of bullets.
- Add a 'not applicable'-answer - toggle this button and an answer option Not applicable will be automatically shown at the bottom of the answer options.
- Shuffle answers every time the survey is opened - toggle this button to shuffle the answers to that specific question every time the survey is opened. This is a great option when you're creating a quiz and you don't want respondents sharing their answers with others.
- Add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment - when this feature is switched on, you'll be able to add your own text to ask respondents to give more information.
- Add button to upload an extra image file - This feature allows the respondents to upload their own image files. You can use this feature to make the survey more engaging.
Tip: If you choose to make the question mandatory and allow multiple answers, you will be asked to specify the minimum and the maximum number of answers that need to be selected.
5 Make your question a Quiz question
When you make a question a quiz question, you will be able to mark the correct answer (or answers in case of multiple choice). This way the respondent will receive a score based on the quiz questions at the end of the survey or quiz.
When you turn this question into a quiz question, now you will see a slider next to each answer. Use this to mark the correct answer.
When you have marked the correct answer, the quiz score for that answer will automatically turn to 1, but you can use the arrows to adjust this scoring.
If you want to use an alternative scoring system, turn on the give score when all correct answers are selected. You can now input any number you want to be given as the score when answers are correct and when they are wrong. You will not be able to change the score next to individual answers now.
When the respondents receive their score, they also have the possibility to take a look at the right answers. Underneath these answers, you can show an explanation for the correct answer. Write your question explanation here:
It's time to get started! Log in and add your question!