Image Upload question type allows respondents to answer your question by uploading an image file or taking a picture. It's perfect to get a realistic view of what the respondent does with your product. By adding this type of question, the respondent can add or take a picture at that particular moment. This picture will be uploaded into the survey.
When respondents click the button Take a picture, this will open their library so that the respondents can upload their picture. On mobile devices, the respondents can choose to take a picture instead.
This guide will teach you:
1. Add an Image Upload Question
In the Questions tab, click the button + Questions. Now choose Image Upload and click +.
2. Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Lock/unlock the question to be edited by other team members.
- Copy, Delete, or Preview that particular question.
3. Edit the question
- Add your question here. Want to make your text bold, italic, or your favorite color? Learn about the other rich text editor icons.
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
- You can toggle the button so that a Not applicable option will be automatically added.
- If you want to ask respondents to leave a comment, toggle to turn on add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment and a box will appear underneath your question.
Some ideas of when you can use this question type:
- Great for photo contests – it’s an easy way to gather respondents’ photos
- Ask the customer to take a photo of how they have used their product
- If you’re looking to create a product that fulfills a particular need, ask for a photo showing what is needed
- Create a competition and ask users to upload photos of themselves next to your shop or product