An Image Upload question type allows respondents to upload an image file or take a picture. It's perfect to get a realistic view of what the respondent does with your product. By adding this type of question, the respondent can add an image or take a picture at that particular moment. This image will be uploaded into the survey.
When respondents click the button Take a picture, this will open the image library so that the respondent can upload their picture. On mobile devices, the respondent can choose to take a picture instead. We'll discuss the following points in this guide:
1 Add an Image Upload Question
In the Questions tab, click the button + Questions. Now choose Image Upload and click +.
2 Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Lock/unlock the question to be edited by other team members.
- Copy, Delete, or Preview that particular question.
3 Edit the question
- Add your question here. Want to make your text bold, italic, or your favorite color? Learn about the other rich text editor icons.
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
You can toggle the button so that a Not applicable option will be automatically added.
If you want to ask respondents to leave a comment, toggle to turn on add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment and a box will appear underneath your question.
Tip: To change the label of the Upload Image button and text of upload status messages, you'll need to go to the Extra options tab and click Labels and messages at the top of the list of options. Read the full Labels and Messages guide.
Some ideas of when you can use this question type:
- Great for photo contests – it’s an easy way to gather respondents’ photos
- Ask the customer to take a photo of how they have used their product
- If you’re looking to create a product that fulfills a particular need, ask for a photo showing what is needed
- Create a competition and ask users to upload photos of themselves next to your shop or product
So what are you waiting for? Log in now and add this question to engage your respondents!