A text slider is a type of rating question. Rating questions are used to get a clear view of how well you're doing or how someone likes your product, service, or business. This question type displays the statements on a scale from one side to another, so respondents can decide which statement they most closely relate to or agree with.
Here's an example:
This guide will teach you:
1. Add a Text Slider question
In the Questions tab, click the button ? Questions. Select Slider (Text) from the list of question types. Click +.
2. Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Lock/unlock the question to be edited by other team members.
- Copy, Delete, or Preview that particular question.
3. Edit the question
- Add your question here. Use the rich text editor to make your content bold, italic, or use piping variables.
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
4. Create the text slider
- These are the answers that will appear for your question. Add a new answer by clicking Add answer.
- Show interval - toggle this button to display the values on the slider.
- Add a 'not applicable'-answer - Toggle this button and an answer option Not applicable will be automatically shown at the bottom of the answer options.
- Start position value - Click the arrow to access the drop-down menu displaying the answer options you have entered. Choose which answer you want the use as the start position.
- Show the selected value - Toggle this button to the right to show the selected value which will be shown in a box above the slider. If both this feature is switched off, and the show selected value underneath the slider is also turned off, then the respondent will be unable to see which answer they selected.
- Show (full) selected value underneath slider - Toggle to turn on a label that will be displayed beneath the slider showing the particular value the respondent has selected.
- Add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment - When this feature is switched on, you'll be able to add more content and ask respondents to give more information.