A text slider is a type of rating question. Rating questions are used to get a clear view of how well you're doing or how someone likes your product, service, or business. A text slider displays the statements on a scale from one side to another, so respondents can decide which statement they most closely relate to or agree with.
Here's an example of a text slider question:
We'll discuss the following points in this guide:
1 Add a Text Slider question
In the Questions tab, click the button ? Questions. Select Slider (Text) from the list of question types. Click +.
2 Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Lock/unlock the question to be edited by other team members.
- Copy, Delete, or Preview that particular question.
3 Edit the question
- Add your question here. Use the rich text editor to make your text bold, italic, or use piping - learn all about the rich text editor icons here.
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
4 Create the text slider
- These are the answers that will appear on your Text Slider. Add a new answer by clicking Add answer.
- Start position value - Click the arrow to access the drop-down menu displaying the answer options you have entered. Choose which answer you want the use as the slider start position.
- Show the selected value - Toggle this button to the right to show the selected value which will be shown in a box above the slider. If both this feature is switched off, and the show selected value underneath the slider is also turned off, then the respondent will be unable to see which answer they selected.
- Show (full) selected value underneath slider - Toggle to turn on a label that will be displayed beneath the slider showing the particular value the respondent has selected.
- Add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment - When this feature is switched on, you'll be able to add your own text to ask respondents to give more information.
Log in here to add a text slider question to your questionnaire.