Open Ended Questions
This feature is included in all plans.
Open Ended questions contain a text box in which respondents can formulate their own answers. This question type is mostly used to get raw and uninfluenced opinions and information. Read more about open questions.
The respondent can enter 5000 characters in the Open Ended text box. When the limit is almost reached a character countdown appears indicating how many characters the respondent has left.
2 Add an Open Ended question to your questionnaire
In the Questions tab, click the button +Add question.
Select Open Ended from the list of question types. Click Add question.
3 Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Copy, Delete or Preview that particular question.
4 Edit The question
- Add your question here. Use the rich text editor icons to make your text bigger, add emojis, videos, change the alignment and more...
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The image or video will be displayed above your question. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button. See the example below to check how this looks.
- Make the question mandatory - toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
Here's an example of an open ended question with an image inserted above the question text.
Log in here and add your open ended question!