This feature is included in all plans.
A number slider is a type of rating question. Rating questions are used to get a clear view of how well you're doing or how someone likes your product, service, or business. Instead of vague assumptions, you get an exact number or a score on a scale that you've designed.
Here's an example of a number slider question:
1 Add a Number Slider question to your questionnaire
In the Questions tab, click the button ? Questions.
Select Slider (Numbers) from the list of question types. Click +.
2 Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Lock/unlock the question to be edited by other team members.
- Copy, Delete, or Preview that particular question.
3 Edit the question
- Add your question here. Want to make your text bold or italics? Learn about all the rich text editor icons in this guide. guide.
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The image or video will be displayed above your question. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory -toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
4 Create the number slider
- Low end value - This is the lowest value a respondent can choose.
- Low end label - This is the label for the lowest value, on the left side of the slider. Use a text label to give the values more meaning.
- High end value - This is the highest value a respondent can choose.
- High end label - This is the label for the highest value, on the right side of the slider. Add a text label to give the values more meaning.
- Start position value - This is the value of the place where the indicator button starts.
- Add a 'not applicable'-answer - toggle this button and an answer option Not applicable will be automatically shown at the bottom of the answer options.
- Show the selected value - Activate this button to show the selected number right above the slider (see image below). If this feature is switched off, the indicated answer won't show on the slider and if the respondent has selected a number beside the highest or lowest of the scale, they will be unable to see which answer they selected.
- Add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment - When this button is switched on, you'll be able to add your own text to ask respondents to give more information.
Here's what your question will look like when you're showing the selected value and have a comment box.
Log in here to add a Number slider question to your questionnaire.