This feature is included in all plans.
A number slider is a type of rating question. Rating questions are used to get a clear view of how well you're doing or how someone likes your product, service or business. Instead of vague assumptions, you get an exact number or a score on a scale which you've designed.
Here's an example of a number slider question:
1 Add a Number Slider question to your questionnaire
In the Questions tab, click the button +Add question.
Select Slider (Numbers) from the list of question types. Click Add question.
2 Change the general question settings
- Click the arrow to hide the question when you're not currently editing it.
- This is the question number. You can always change the order of your survey questions by choosing a different question number. Want respondents to answer this question earlier in the survey? Select a lower number to move it to an earlier position.
- Changed your mind about the question type? Here you can change it immediately to another type. Your question will remain but your answers will disappear.
- Reusing your survey or quiz for multiple audiences? If the question is not relevant for your current respondents, easily switch the active button to inactive or vice versa. This feature is only available on the Enterprise plan.
- Click on the first icon to Copy your question, the X to Delete and the eye to Preview.
3 Edit the question
- Add your question here. Want to make your text bold or italics? Learn about all the rich text editor icons in this guide.
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The image or video will be displayed above your question. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory -toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
4 Create the number slider
- Low end value - This is the lowest value a respondent can choose.
- Low end label - This is the label for the lowest value, on the left side of the slider. Use a text label to give the values more meaning.
- High end value - This is the highest value a respondent can choose.
- High end label - This is the label for the highest value, on the right side of the slider. Add a text label to give the values more meaning.
- Start position value - This is the value of the place where the indicator button starts.
- Show the selected value - Turn on show the selected value to show the selected number right above the slider (see image below). If this feature is switched off, the indicated answer won't show on the slider and if the respondent has selected a number besides the highest or lowest of the scale, they will be unable to see which answer they selected.
- Add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment - When this feature is switched on, you'll be able to add your own text to ask respondents to give more information.
Here's what your question will look like when you're showing the selected value and have a comment box.
Log in here to add a Number slider question to your questionnaire.