A Typeahead Form question is perfect when you have many answers which you want the respondent to choose from. The respondent can search the list by typing the first letters of the word and the corresponding answers will appear.
The Typeahead Form has an added benefit over the Typeahead Autosuggest as you can upload extra information which will be automatically filled in when the respondent chooses the answer from the first field.
A great time-saver for respondents! And for you - you won't have to search through and cross-reference data later... so let's see how to create this question type. Log in and follow the steps below! In this guide we'll discuss;
1 Add a Typeahead Form question
In the Questions tab, click the button ? Questions. Select Typeahead Form and click +.
2 Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Lock/unlock the question to be edited by other team members.
- Copy, Delete or Preview that particular question.
3 Edit the question
- Add your question here. Use the rich text editor icons to make your text bigger, add emojis or video, change the alignment, and more!
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
4 Upload answers
Create a CSV file with the column names along the top row, and the details you want to upload for each respondent in the rows underneath. Here is an example:
When you have made your file in Excel, save it as a CSV file. Read more details about saving as CSV.
- Click Upload answers and select the file you have just created. Use the text box to tell respondents what they need to do, e.g., choose your name from the list below. Here's the example file we have used.
- Add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment - when this feature is switched on, you'll be able to add your own text to ask respondents to give more information.