A continuous sum question lets the respondent give a score to options or answers which add up to a total that you have defined. This will allow the respondent to add a certain weight to each answer possibility.
Here's an example:
This guide will teach you:
- Add a Continuous Sum question
- Change the general question settings
- Edit the question
- Add the answer options
1. Add a Continuous Sum question
In the Questions tab, click the button ? Questions. Select Continuous Sum from the list of question types and click +.
2. Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Lock/unlock the question to be edited by other team members.
- Copy, Delete, or Preview that particular question.
3. Edit the question
- Add your question here. rich text editor icons
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
4. Add the answer options
You've written your question so now it's time to set up your answer options.
- Type your first answer here.
- Add a new answer by clicking Add answer.
- Total value - This is the value that the respondents' answers must add up to. As the respondent enters their answers, this value will update itself to show respondents the current total.
- Total label - This is the wording that will show up next to the total value.
- Add custom validation - toggle to enable the custom validation feature. Read below to see just how this works.
- Add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment - When this feature is switched on, you'll be able to add your own text to ask respondents to give more information.
- Add button to upload an extra image file - This feature allows the respondents to upload their own image files. You can use this feature to make the survey more engaging.
Activate custom validation to specify a minimum and maximum value that respondents must write. A box for minimum and maximum will appear under the text box for each answer when this feature is activated.