This feature is available in the Professional, Enterprise and ReportR plan.
A great new question type now available - collect the respondent's signature as part of the questionnaire! It's a really useful feature and here are some ideas for when you can use it: if you want to gain signed consent before continuing the survey, for filling out a petition via a form or even as part of signing up to a promotion or course while answering the survey.
It's so easy to add this question type, let's see how it's done. Log in and follow to see for yourself!
1 Add a Signature question
In the Questions tab, click the button +Add question.
Select Signature and click Add question.
2 Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Copy, Delete or Preview that particular question.
3 Edit the question
- Add your question here. Use the rich text editor icons to make your text bold, italic, add emojis, videos, variables and more.
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The image or video will be displayed above your question. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
You can also add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment. When this feature is switched on, you'll be able to add your own text to ask respondents to give more information.
How will the question look? Take a peek below. The respondent signs their name in the box, using a mouse, stylus or their finger depending on their device. They can click Clear to erase their signature it if they don't like how it came out and then do it again. Then they need to click Confirm to save their signature. Once it's uploaded, they simply continue on with the rest of the survey.
Tip: It may be worth mentioning in the question that respondents should click Confirm to save their signature. If they only sign and then click Next, their answer will not be saved. And don't forget, if you want to change the text of the Confirm and Clear buttons, head over to Labels and Messages in the Extra Options tab!
4 Viewing Results
So... you may be wondering, how will the signatures be shown as results? The signatures will be saved as images which you'll be able to view in the Charts view in the Results tab. Here's how it could look:
When you download the results as a CSV or Excel file, each signature will have a link to view the JPG image online.
That's all there is to it! So get those signatures rolling in!