Stripe - Payment Processing
We've teamed up with Stripe to bring you another great feature: the ability to collect payments through your survey or assessment! We don’t charge or take any type of cut of the purchase when you use the Stripe integration, but you will need to pay whatever fees Stripe requires for processing. We also do not store any of the credit card information on Survey Anyplace; it’s all run through Stripe.
- Connect Survey Anyplace to Stripe
- Set up a Stripe question type
- Change the general question settings
- Edit the question
- Create payment processing logic
Looking to create a survey with a Stripe payment processing question or one of our other 15+ question types?
Get started for free
There's just a few simple steps to follow, let's see how it's done. Log in and follow to see for yourself!
1 Connect Survey Anyplace to Stripe
Go to the setting for My Account by clicking on your name at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Scroll down to Technical Info and click Connect with Stripe.
A new tab will open where you can authorize Survey Anyplace to connect with Stripe.
Fill in the Stripe account sign-up form, or if you already have a Stripe account, click Sign in on the top right-hand corner.
2 Set up a Stripe Question type
In the Questions tab, click the button +Add question.
Select Stripe and click Add question.
3 Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Copy, Delete or Preview that particular question.
4 Edit the question
- Add your question here. Use the rich text editor icons to make your text bold, italic, add emojis, videos, variables and more.
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The image or video will be displayed above your question. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
- Pay Label - Type the text you want to appear on the payment button.
- Amount - Enter the amount which you want to charge. Note that respondents cannot change the amount to be paid.
- Currency - Choose currency for payment. Note that we currently only support payment processing in Euro and USD currencies.
Don't forget to click Save changes.
5 Create Payment Processing Logic
You can create question logic or outcomes based on a successful or failed payment.
5.1 Question Logic based on Stripe question
If you want to let the respondent skip to the end/to a certain question after a successful/failed payment, question logic is the way to go.
Head to the Extra Options tab and click on Question Logic. Click Create rule and set conditions based on whether the answer to the Stripe transaction question is: payment is successful or payment has failed.
Read the detailed question logic help guide for all you need to know about setting up question logic.
5.2 Outcomes based on Stripe question
You can also base final outcomes on the Stripe payment status.
Head to the Extra Options tab and click on Outcomes. Click Create outcome and choose to show this outcome when a certain condition is met.
You can now set the outcome screen to be displayed based on whether the Stripe transaction payment was successful or has failed.
Click Apply and you're done! Now you've integrated Stripe seamlessly into your survey!
Here is how a question to process payment via Stripe may look: