Rating Questions: Star, Emoji or Smiley Ratings
This feature is included in all plans.
Rating questions are question types that ask a respondent to rate a (part of a) product or service. There a lot of different ways to ask someone to rate your product.
Here at Survey Anyplace we like to focus on more out of the box approaches to this question type.
1 When to use a rating question
Rating questions are used to get a clear view of how well you're doing, or how someone likes your product, service or business. Instead of vague assumptions, you get concrete numbers on a scale you create yourself. You can use Star Ratings, Emoji or Smiley Ratings to implement a rating into your survey or quiz.
1.1 Star Rating
You can choose to insert up to 10 stars to get an accurate rating on a scale you choose yourself. A star rating is suitable for general rating questions.
How many stars will your product get?
1.2 Emoji and Smiley Ratings
Emoji and smiley ratings are used to measure the likeability of a product or service. They can also be used to determine how someone feels about your product or service. Furthermore, you can derive the score your product gets from the emojis or smileys. Choose between 3 smileys or 5 smileys/emoticons. They are both intended to represent a range of sentiments from negative to neutral to positive, so best used for questions about emotions or feelings.
Looking to create a survey with a fun rating question or one of our other 15+ question types?
Get started for free
2 Add a rating question to your questionnaire
In the Questions tab, click the button +Add question.
Scroll down and select Rating from the list of question types. Click Add question.
3 Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Copy, Delete or Preview that particular question.
4 Edit the question
- Add your question here. Use the rich text editor icons to make your text bigger, add emojis, change the alignment and more!
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The image or video will be displayed above your question. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
5 Choose your rating icons
- Click Update rating icon to choose between stars, emojis or smileys as your rating icon. Check out the explanation in Section 1 to help you decide which icons are most suitable for your question type.
- You can choose between 3-10 icons for your star rating. If you have chosen emojis or smileys, you will not be able to adjust the number of icons shown.
- Toggle the button to add a not applicable option for respondents to choose if the question is not relevant for them.
- Add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment - When this feature is switched on, you'll be able to add your own text to ask respondents to give more information.
Log in and add this question to learn how your respondents rate your product or service.