Rating questions are question types that ask a respondent to rate a (part of a) product or service. There a lot of different ways to ask someone to rate your product. You can use Star, Emoji, or Smiley ratings to implement a rating into your survey!
Rating questions are used to get a clear view of how well you're doing, or how someone likes your product, service, or business. Instead of vague assumptions, you get concrete numbers on a scale you create yourself.
In this guide we'll discuss;
- Add a rating question
- Change the general question settings
- Edit the question
- Choose your rating icons
- When to use a rating question
1 Add a rating question
In the Questions tab, click the button ? Questions. Scroll down and select Rating from the list of question types and click +.
2 Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Lock/unlock the question to be edited by other team members.
- Copy, Delete or Preview that particular question.
3 Edit the question
- Add your question here. Use the rich text editor icons to make your text bigger, add emojis, change the alignment, and more!
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
- Add a question tag - turn this feature to add a tag to your question that you can reference in your survey or PDF.
4 Choose your rating icons
- Click Update rating icon to choose between stars, emojis or smileys as your rating icon. Check out the explanation in Section 1 to help you decide which icons are most suitable for your question type.
- You can choose between 3-10 icons for your star rating. If you have chosen emojis or smileys, you will not be able to adjust the number of icons shown.
- Toggle the button to add a not applicable option for respondents to choose if the question is not relevant for them.
- Add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment - When this feature is switched on, you'll be able to add your own text to ask respondents to give more information.
5 When to use a rating question
Look here at the icons you can choose... is it going to be stars, emojis, smileys, or something to capture the seasonal spirit?! To keep things fun and interesting, we also offer seasonal icons!
For the star and flower rating, you can choose to insert anywhere from 3 to 10 icons to get an accurate rating on your chosen scale. A star rating is suitable for general rating questions for example product ratings.
Emoji and smiley ratings are used to measure the likeability of a product or service. They can also be used to determine how someone feels about your product or service. Furthermore, you can derive the score your product gets from the emojis or smileys. Choose between 3 smileys or 5 smileys/emoticons. They are both intended to represent a range of sentiments from negative to neutral to positive, so best used for questions about emotions or feelings.
Log in and add this question to learn how your respondents rate your product or service.